The Squier HSS Stratocaster Pack with Frontman 15G Amp is the perfect entryway into playing the electric guitar. This great-sounding, smooth-playing Strat features a lightweight poplar body and a "C"-shaped maple neck with laurel fingerboard.
Jump straight into learning the electric guitar with the Squier Affinity Stratocaster HSS Pack! In this pack you get the Squier Affinity HSS Strat, as well as the Fender Frontman 15G amp - a great practice amp with clean and overdrive channels, a headphone jack for practicing in silence, and an aux input so you can play along with songs and backing tracks. You also get a padded gig bag, picks, a strap, and a cable.
The Stratocaster is a legendary instrument with an iconic tone, and this Squier Affinity model gives you a piece of that at a far more affordable price point. You get the classic Strat design with that instantly recognisable tone but with a humbucker in the bridge position for added power.
Body and Neck
The Squier Affinity Strat is designed to be reliable and accessible. The body itself is made from poplar, a lightweight wood, and features the ergonomic cutaways and contours that make the Strat a pleasure to play even up into the higher frets.
The neck is made from maple with a matching maple fingerboard which has a glossy, smooth feel to it. The neck fits comfortably in the hand with its "C" shape profile and the fingerboard has a slightly curved 9.5" radius which is great for fretting individual notes and chords alike.
Pickups and Electronics
In the neck and middle position are a pair of ceramic single-coil pickups. It's here you'll find the more traditional Strat tones - bright, clear, and with plenty of note definition. In the bridge however is a humbucker which is a thicker and more powerful pickup, perfect for when your tone needs more punch. With this configuration of pickups you get a wide range of tones that sound great clean or distorted, so the Affinity Strat works great for almost any style.
The Strat features several controls for changing up your sound. The five-way pickup selector allows to select each individual pickup as well both the bridge and middle or the neck and middle pickups at the same time. There's also a master volume knob and two control knobs (one for the single-coils and one for the humbucker) to shape the tone. With all these controls there's plenty to explore and wide array of sounds to be made.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Block Saddles
- Bridge Pickup: Ceramic Humbucker
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Configuration: HSS
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Included Accessories: Fender Frontman® 15G Amplifier, Fender Padded Gig Bag, Fender Guitar Strap, Fender 10' Instrument Cable, Fender Guitar Picks, 3-Month Fender Play™ Subscription
- Middle Pickup: Ceramic Single-Coil
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Pickup: Ceramic Single-Coil
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Side Dots: Black
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Truss Rods: Head Adjust
- Tuning Machines: Sealed Die-Cast with Split Shafts